Yukon Ski Marathon - Feb 29, 2020
The Yukon Ski Marathon is an annual long-distance ski race based in Whitehorse, Yukon. This year, sections of the Copper Haul Road are being turned into a fire break by the city of Whitehorse and the race cannot be run on the same course as in previous years. Instead the Yukon Ski Marathon will be held entirely on the Whitehorse Cross Country Ski Club trails. The courses are inspired by the route of the old Northwestel Loppet. The goal is for people to challenge themselves and experience the Mount McIntyre trail system in new ways.
1. 34 km Individual Long Distance 11:00 am mass start in stadium
2. 25 km Individual Short Distance 11:00 am mass start in stadium
3. 10km Individual Junior Race 12:00 noon mass start in stadium
• All races will start and finish at the Mt. McIntyre Recreation Centre
• The 34 km and 25km will have a single self-seeded mass start at 11:00 am in the stadium and finish in front of the wax room.
• The Junior 10 km race will have a self-seeded mass start at 12:00 noon in the stadium and finish in front of the waxroom.
• Classic and Skate technique are both permitted; trails will be groomed by Pisten Bully and Sherpa and a track will be set throughout.
• Feed stations: the 34 km course will have 4 stations, the 25 km course will have 3 stations, and the Junior race will have 1 station. All courses will have a feed station at the finish. See map for locations.
• The Copper Haul Road and McIntyre descent trails will not be closed to the public, so be aware of other trail users – including snow mobiles, cyclists, and dog mushers.
• Skiers attempting the 34 km course must be prepared for the 430 m climb from the Haul Road to the top of the Fraser loop, followed by the steep and fast descent back to the Haul Road.
Registration Dates & Race Fees:
All registration must be done through zone4 (www.zone4.ca ), starting the afternoon of January 6th.
Early Registration: Jan. 6 – Feb. 23
$50 – 34 km; 25 km
$20 - 10 km
Late registration: Feb. 24 – Feb 26
$75 - 34 km; 25 km
$30 - 10 km
Registration closes Wed, Feb. 26, 23:59. No exceptions.
Registration changes - contact us at
2 Race Rules & Schedule will be emailed to all registrants after Feb. 23, with confirmed details for race day.
*Skiers age twelve and under on race day (registered in the 25km or 34 km) must be accompanied by an adult who has registered to ski the same course. The adult’s name must be listed on zone4 registration.
Race Day Schedule: (check ski club website for updates)
8:30 am - 11:30 am / Bib pick up / Mt Mac wax room
11:00 am / 34 km & 25 km mass start / Stadium
12:00 noon / 10 km mass start / Stadium
1:30 pm - 4:30 pm / *Post race event / Mt Mac curling lounge
3:00 pm / Awards / Mt Mac curling lounge
*Post Race Event There will be pizza, snacks and a cash bar for all participants and volunteers in the curling lounge upstairs at Mount McIntyre Nordic Centre. Awards - cash prize for fastest time in each distance.
More Information Needed? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the temperature is below -25 on the morning of race day, the event will be modified. Race organizers will make an effort to offer an alternate shortened event. Please check the ski marathon website for details, closer to the date. The post race event will happen as planned, regardless of any race modifications.
Please do not request a refund, regardless of cancellation by organizers or registrant’s withdrawal for any reason. Funds are spent before the event date.
3 Races Organizing Committee
Chief of Race: Colin Abbott
Technical Delegate: TBD
Chief of Course: Grant Abbott
Timing & Results: Beth Hawkings
Race Secretary: Susan Tinevez
Post Race Event: Susan Tinevez
Interested in volunteering to help out at this event?
Please contact us at