Coast Mountain Sports Free Ski Day
Want to try out the ski trails at the Whitehorse Cross Country Ski Club free? Then join us for a free day of skiing at the club. There are 85 kilometers of fabulously groomed tracks that cater to novice, intermediate or experienced skiers. We're sure you'll be impressed.
partnership with Association Franco Yukonnaise who sponsors the annual Cabane a Sucre (Sugar Shack)
The annual Cabane a Sucre (Sugar Shack) takes place at Harvey's Hut at the Crossroads Junction - 3.3 kilometers from the Mt McIntyre Recreation Centre. If you have never skied to Harvey's Hut before, here are directions:
Begin at the Wax Room at Mt Mac. Ski on Chalet Trail to the Sumanik Drive bridge and after crossing the bridge, stay left onto Copper Trail. Follow Copper Trail to Harvey's Hut, which is just before the Crossroads Junction.
If you have a dog, it is best to start at the Dog Trail Parking lot adjacent to Hamilton Blvd. First, go to the Ski Base at Mt Mac to get directions and a map, or if you need rentals. Ski on Dog Trail to Harvey's Hut.
Coast Mountain Sports and Association Franco Yukonnaise
- Free skiing on over 85 km of groomed trails
- Free maple syrup taffy at Harvey's Hut
- 1/2 price ski rentals provided by The Ski Base from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Recommended to book in advance.
- Access to showers, saunas, waxing benches and coffee bar
- Free waxing advice and personal service with your skis
- Access to the Eleventh End Lounge, upstairs at Mt Mac, after 3:00 p.m.